Keith Goodale is the newest ANNIKA Academy team member. He is a long-time golfer and will be using many of his skills and experience at the Academy. Next time you visit, make sure to say “hello” to Keith and meet our new team member.1. At what age did you start golfing? - I started playing golf at six years old
2. Who/what inspired you to begin golfing and why? – My father used to take me out when he was golfing late in the day, even at a young age he never let me win. I was driven to beat him and practiced hard to do so.
3. What is your favorite course you’ve ever played? - My favorite course is Eastward Ho! In Chatham, MA the views are unbeatable, and Chatham has a special place as this is where I really started playing golf
4. What is your lowest score to date? When/where did you shoot it? – I shot a 64 in 2010 at Kissimmee Bay Country Club
5. What is your favorite type of shot to hit and why? - I love hitting a fade. It is my go-to shot when I am nervous, or on the first tee in any golf tournament. I feel like I have more control over this shot then anything, and like they say, “you can talk to a fade, but not a hook.”
6. What is your least favorite type of shot to hit and why? – High Draw. For some reason I am afraid to “let it go” and it can go miles right, or miles left. Just let it go!
7. Who is your favorite pro golfer of all-time and why? Male: Tiger Woods- For what he did for the game and how hard he works, and the shots that he hits are unimaginable. Female: Annika Sorenstam, best swing in the game. I could watch that swing all day.
8. Who do you enjoy golfing with the most? - My father. I enjoy beating him, since he never let me win when I was growing up. Any chance I get to beat him is a fun day for me.
9. What is “your 59?” (A lifetime goal.) - Lifetime goal is to qualify for the US Open – 2013 is the year!