Founder, World Golf Hall of Famer, and LPGA Legend
Annika is the greatest female golfer of our generation, and often regarded as the best player in LPGA history. Her prestigious list of accomplishments includes her 2003 induction into the LPGA and World Golf Halls of Fame, ten Major Championships, 85 worldwide professional victories, eight LPGA Player of the Year Awards, and participation on seven Solheim Cup teams. In 2001 Annika earned the nickname “Ms. 59″ when she became the first female to break 60 in an official LPGA tournament. Through her success she has transcended the game of golf, as evidenced by the numerous “Female Athlete of the Year” Awards she has received around the world. Annika literally holds more than one third of all LPGA records and her work ethic and dedication to both golf and fitness is truly legendary.
The ANNIKA Academy has recruited a group of incredible instructors. The team boasts more than 75 years combined of professional golf and fitness experience. They are experts in their fields, working with many notable LPGA and PGA TOUR athletes. Our instructors apply the “Winning Approach” to golf, fitness and nutrition. It is a holistic philosophy founded upon mental toughness that Annika used during her competitive golf career. Their proven methods and emphasis on fundamentals allow them to effectively teach golfers of all ages, skill levels, and abilities. Each instructor participates in our core golf programs, and is also available for adult and junior private lessons.
Henri Reis – Director of Golf Instruction and Annika’s only Swing Coach
- Internationally renowned PGA Golf Instructor
- Over 25 years of golf instruction experience
- Member of Swedish PGA since 1980
- Annika’s only swing coach for 20 years
- Notable pupils include Annika Sorenstam, Jonas Blixt, Anna Nordqvist, the Swedish National Team and more!
Kai Fusser – Director of Fitness, and Annika’s Personal Trainer
- Certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist
- Clients range from beginners, to professional golfers, swimmers, wake boarders, basketball players, tennis players, and more
- Founder of Kai Fitness for Golf
- Author of Weight Training for Golf, and Weight Training for Women’s Golf
- Annika’s personal trainer for more than 11 years
Charlotta Sorenstam – Head Teaching Professional
- LPGA and LET Tour Professional
- 1998 European Solheim Cup Team member
- 2000 Standard Register Ping LPGA Champion
- 2005 European Junior Solheim Cup Team Captain
- Charlotta is a KVest, CPC, and TPI Certified Instructor
Mark Bereza – Academy Instructor
- 16 years of golf industry and instruction experience at high end courses in Colorado, Arizona and Florida
- Mark is a KVest Level 2 certified instructor
- Lead Callaway Performance Center Club Specialist for the ANNIKA Academy
- Competed in professional events from 1999-2002
See Full Bio
David Wheeler – Academy Instructor
- Professional golfer from 2008-2011
- Collegiate Men’s Golf Team Captain at Virgina Wesleyan College
- Began golfing at age five
- David is a CPC Certified Instructor
Emily Durham – Academy Fitness Instructor
- X Games Gold Medalist
- Won World Championship Wake Board Competition
- Former gymnast and professional wake boarder
- Began her training as a certified fitness instructor under Kai Fusser
David Allibone – Sales Professional
David grew up in Doylestown, Penn. and attended Stetson University in Deland, Florida. David graduated with a B.S. in Business and later received his MBA in management. David has a diverse background in both business and the golf industry. He spent fifteen years in corporate sales, and has spent the past nine years working in the golf industry. David has been fortunate to work as both a teacher and coach for adult and elite junior golfers. His passion and goal is to stay close to this great sport of golf through his latest position at Annika Academy.
Crystal Davis – Office Manager
Crystal is from Hilton Head, South Carolina. Coming from a large family and living in a small town helped to cultivate her passion for the hospitality industry and helping others create memorable experiences. Growing up she spent the majority of her time with her four sisters and competing in gymnastics. She moved to Orlando in 2011 to attend college. Crystal currently attends UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management. Some of her passions include spending time with friends and family, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and learning from people of different backgrounds.
Mike Pryor – Director of Golf Operations
Mike is a native Floridian from Melbourne on Florida’s east coast. Mike played many different sports growing up including football, baseball, basketball and soccer and while in high school his grandfather taught him to play golf. Mike graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Political Science. While at UCF he worked part-time at local golf courses and it was these experiences that led him to pursue a career in the golf business. Mike is a member of the PGA of America and has spent the majority of his career managing golf facilities in the Orlando area. Mike’s passions are spending time with family & friends, golf, reading, surfing and following Florida sports teams.